Photo and recipe courtesy of BC Cranberry Marketing Commission. For more delicious recipes visit www.bccranberries.com
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup cranberry cocktail
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup mixed peel
- 1 cup golden sugar
- 1/2 cup suet, finely ground
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries and the cocktail. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer a few minutes until the berries begin to soften and pop. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cranberries. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 days. If making more than a week ahead, freeze after the 3 days.
For more recipes, visit www.bccranberries.com