Cream Of Chicken Soup With Lemongrass
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 1 chopped Shallots
- 2 cloves chopped Garlic
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) finely chopped Lemon Grass
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped Ginger
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Flour
- 750 mL (3 cups) Chicken Broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) 18% or 33% Cream
- 500 mL (2 cups) diced cooked Chicken
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped fresh Cilantro
- To taste, freshly ground Pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook shallot and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add lemongrass and ginger root.
- Dust with flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cream stir well. Add chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper, to taste. Top with fresh coriander (cilantro) and serve.
SERVING SIZE: 4