Cream Of Squash Soup
- 250 mL (1 cup), 18% or 33% Cream
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Butter
- 1 chopped Shallots
- 1 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 (seeds and rind removed) cubed Squash (Butternut)
- 30 mL (2tbsp) chopped Ginger
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 L (4 cups) Chicken Broth
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) shredded, toasted Coconut
- To taste Salt
- Freshly ground Cracked Black Pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook shallots and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add squash, ginger root and nutmeg. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and continue cooking 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Pour soup into a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Stir in cream. Reheat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Salt and pepper to taste. At serving time, garnish with toasted coconut.
SERVING SIZE: 4