Creamy Sweet Potato And Turnip Soup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 500 mL (2 cups) cubed Sweet Potatoes
- 500 mL (2 cups) cubed Turnips
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 1 L (4 cups) Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 125 mL (½ cup) 10% Cream
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) finely chopped Chives
- To taste Salt
- Freshly ground Cracked Black Pepper
- 125 mL(½ cup) to garnish with, 33% Whipped Cream
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook sweet potatoes, turnip and onion until golden. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add garlic, broth and 10% cream. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft.
- In blender, purée until smooth. Check seasoning.
- Whip 33% cream and top each bowl with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chives.
SERVING SIZE: 6