This Asian-inspired ground beef recipe lets you entertain with style and within budget. It works for family meals too — easy to prepare and casual to eat.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef Sirloin or Chuck or Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp minced ginger root
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Fresh lime wedges
- Shredded carrot and cucumber
- Chopped cilantro or mint or chopped green onion
- Hoisin sauce
- Cook garlic, diced pepper, ground beef and ginger root in large skillet using medium heat, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes until beef is browned and completely cooked. Drain if necessary.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to warm platter. At the table let each person spoon some filling into lettuce leaves. Top with squeeze of lime juice and serve with toppings such as shredded carrot, cucumber, chopped cilantro or mint. Roll up with your hands to eat.
For more recipes, visit Make it Beef