This aromatic chicken curry is full of exotic flavours. The slight sweetness of baby bok choy balances beautifully with tart lime and spicy ginger, creating a healthy and delicious dish you’ll definitely want to add to your weekly recipe rotation. And its gluten free!
Note: Bok choy, also known as Pak-choi, is an Asian cabbage. Substitutes can be green cabbage or baby spinach.
- 1 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 lb, boneless skinless chicken thighs Chicken
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp, light, gluten free Tamari
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1, thinly sliced Carrots
- Cook the brown rice in unsalted water for time specified on package – about 45 minutes.
- Combine fresh lime juice, low sodium Tamari, grated ginger root, curry powder, minced garlic, cayenne and sugar for marinade in a medium size bowl.
- Cut chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces and add to marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of an hour and up to 3 hours.
- Heat oil over high heat in a non-stick pan. Sauté chicken with marinade for 4 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through.
- Stir in carrots and stir-fry another few minutes. Stir in green onions, baby bok choy and mung bean sprouts and stir-fry for another minute or two until tender crisp.
Recipe developed for CFC by Nancy Guppy, RD, MHSc.
For more recipes visit http://bcchicken.ca/index.php/recipes