Sweet Pointed Peppers add a sweetness to the turkey while juicy mini cucumbers add their characteristic crunch to the yogurt sauce.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 sweet pointed peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- garlic powder
- ¼ cup chives or green onions, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- mini burger buns
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, grated
- kosher salt
- Sauté peppers and onions in canola oil until tender. Add Asiago cheese, garlic powder, cracked black pepper (no need to add any salt, the cheese is already salty). Remove from heat as soon as the cheese begins to melt. Add chopped chives or green onions and let mixture cool slightly.
- Combine pepper mixture with ground turkey and form into mini burgers.
- Cook burgers on a grill, in an oven or frying pan.
- For the yogurt sauce combine mini cucumbers with yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt.
- Spread sauce on the buns and top with a grilled turkey patty. Maybe garnish with a grape tomato skewer and enjoy.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com