Pasta With Asparagus Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) Cream
- 210 g (7 oz) your choice of Pasta
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Butter
- 1 chopped Asparagus
- 500 mL (2 cups), cut into 3.5 cm (1½ inch) lengths fresh Vegetable Broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) Pesto
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Cornstarch
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Cold Water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Salt
- To taste, shredded Swiss Cracked Black Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a frying pan, melt butter and cook onion until soft but not coloured.
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth and cream; stir well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce for 2 minutes. Add pesto; stir well.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water, add to cream mixture and cook for 1 minute to thicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
SERVING SIZE: 2