Ricotta Gnocchi With Tomato Brown Butter
Submitted by: Dana Reinhardt, via Windet Farms
- 15 oz. fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ – 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup fresh marjoram or sage leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan and ricotta with a fork. Add ½ cup of flour and the salt. Add more flour until mixture forms sticky dough.
- Using a tablespoon, shape a gnocchi and drop it in boiling water. It should float to the top and hold together. If not, add a little more flour to the dough and test again.
- Once dough is ready, boil gnocchi in batches scooping cooked ones into a large bowl with extra virgin olive oil. Keep tossing gnocchi with oil to keep them from sticking.
- Once the gnocchi are cooked, add butter to a medium hot skillet and brown.
- Remove butter from heat and add garlic, lemon zest, marjoram and tomatoes.
- Swirl pan to evenly coat tomatoes with brown butter sauce.
- Toss with remaining gnocchi and serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com