Follow these simple steps for a perfectly roasted whole turkey.
1.Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) to 350°F (180°C)
2. If you wish to stuff your turkey, do so lightly and just before it goes into the oven — never stuff it the day or night before. Or, prepare stuffing separately in a covered baking dish, place in the oven during the last 1/2 hour of the roasting time.
3. Place clean turkey, breast up, on a rack in a shallow pan.
4. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the inner thigh just above and not touching the thigh bone.
5. Roast uncovered, or loosely covered with foil. If you choose to baste your turkey, limit the number of times you open and close your oven (once an hour is sufficient).
6. Roast until thermometer reads 170°F (77°C) for an unstuffed turkey or 180°F (82°C) for a stuffed turkey.
7. Remove turkey when cooking is completed and let stand 15 to 20 minutes to allow the juices to set.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bcturkey.com
Until thermometer reads 170-180 Degrees F.
|SERVING SIZE: 8|