Follow these simple steps for a perfectly roasted whole turkey.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) to 350°F (180°C)
- If you wish to stuff your turkey, do so lightly and just before it goes into the oven — never stuff it the day or night before. Or, prepare stuffing separately in a covered baking dish, place in the oven during the last 1/2 hour of the roasting time.
- Place clean turkey, breast up, on a rack in a shallow pan.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the inner thigh just above and not touching the thigh bone.
- Roast uncovered, or loosely covered with foil. If you choose to baste your turkey, limit the number of times you open and close your oven (once an hour is sufficient).
- Roast until thermometer reads 170°F (77°C) for an unstuffed turkey or 180°F (82°C) for a stuffed turkey.
- Remove turkey when cooking is completed and let stand 15 to 20 minutes to allow the juices to set.
For more recipes, visit www.bcturkey.com