Slow Cooker Spiced Beef Brisket
Submitted by: Recipe & photo courtesy of Canada Beef & BC Cattlemen's Association
With the slow cooker started in the morning, dinner is ready when you are!
- 2 lbs Beef Brisket Pot Roast (thick-end)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp minced cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp grainy or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced or sliced
- 2 potatoes, diced or 10 mini potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups No salt added beef broth
- In a mixing bowl combine chili powder, garlic, chili sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and black pepper. Coat brisket all over with seasoning mixture.
- Place onions, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf and beef broth in bottom of a slow cooker. Add the brisket and top with any remaining seasoning mixture.
- Cook on LOW in slow cooker for 8 to 10 hours or until brisket is tender.
For more delicious beef recipes and to join the Make It Beef Club, please visit Make it Beef