12 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
3 links Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
½ dry chorizo sausage, finely diced
1 small shallot, finely diced
1 Tbsp (15 mL) diced red bell pepper
½ cup (125 mL) shredded sharp cheddar
¼ cup (60 mL) dry bread crumbs
1. Heat fry pan on medium-high and add loose turkey sausage, chorizo sausage, shallot and red pepper.
2. When turkey meat is browned, add cheddar and bread crumbs.
3. Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC). Line up the jalapeño halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Using a teaspoon, scoop up the turkey sausage mixture and fill each jalapeno half, pressing firmly and dividing the filling evenly among the 24 halves.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and serve with assorted dips.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bcturkey.com
|SERVING SIZE: 24|