- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced apple, skin on
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) soft bread crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 turkey breast skin-on, bone-in (1 ½ lbs/750 g)
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) vegetable or turkey stock
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL) curry powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) low-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400oF (205oC).
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high. Add oil, diced apple, celery and shallot. Sauté until tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add chopped thyme, cumin, lemon juice, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and fold together.
- Make a slit down the spine of the turkey breast, making sure to divide the flesh evenly, forming a pocket for the stuffing. Using a large spoon, stuff the turkey breast with the apple dressing, then close with toothpicks or tie together with butcher’s twine.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan and surround with stock. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until skin is golden and juices run clear when pierced.
- Remove turkey breast from pan to rest. Place the roasting pan over medium heat whisking and freeing up the excess apple stuffing that has fallen into the pan. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder. Taste and correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir frequently until sauce is reduced by one-third. Add yogurt, stir in and serve sauce on the side.
For more recipes, visit www.bcturkey.com