2 Tbsp (30 mL) grapeseed oil
1 cup (250 mL) diced apple, skin on
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 shallot, finely diced
1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
½ cup (125 mL) soft bread crumbs
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
1 turkey breast skin-on, bone-in (1 ½ lbs/750 g)
1 ½ cups (375 mL) vegetable or turkey stock
1 tsp ( 5 mL) curry powder
2 Tbsp (30 mL) low-fat yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400oF (205oC).
2. Heat up a large skillet on medium-high. Add oil, diced apple, celery and shallot. Sauté until tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add chopped thyme, cumin, lemon juice, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and fold together.
3. Make a slit down the spine of the turkey breast, making sure to divide the flesh evenly, forming a pocket for the stuffing. Using a large spoon, stuff the turkey breast with the apple dressing, then close with toothpicks or tie together with butcher’s twine.
4. Place in a shallow roasting pan and surround with stock. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until skin is golden and juices run clear when pierced.
5. Remove turkey breast from pan to rest. Place the roasting pan over medium heat whisking and freeing up the excess apple stuffing that has fallen into the pan. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder. Taste and correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Stir frequently until sauce is reduced by one-third. Add yogurt, stir in and serve sauce on the side.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bcturkey.com
|SERVING SIZE: 3|