This down-home favourite recipe for Texas-Style Beef Brisket Sandwiches uses hickory-flavoured barbecue sauce to add a rich, smoky flavour.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp hickory-flavoured barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 lbs Beef Brisket Boneless Pot Roast, well trimmed
- 8 Kaiser buns, split
- Combine ketchup, 1/4 cup water, honey, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce, garlic and onion in large slow cooker; mix well. Place beef brisket in slow cooker, turning to coat in sauce. (If meat is too large for slow cooker, cut crosswise into 2 or 3 chunks.)
- Cook covered, on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Using sharp knife, thinly slice meat across the grain. Place meat on one Kaiser half; add 1 tbsp sauce and cover with other Kaiser half. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.
For more delicious beef recipes and to join the Make It Beef Club, please visit Make it Beef