Plenty of flavour and a luscious sauce are sure to make this quick shrimp dish a new favourite. Serve over jasmine rice or rice noodles with fresh cucumber slices on the side.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 thinly sliced (on the diagonal) Carrot
- 1 small chopped Onion
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) (or more to taste) Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 halved and thinly sliced Peppers
- 1 cup (250 mL) Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Peanut Butter
- 1 lb (500 g) peeled and deveined large or jumbo Shrimp
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Orange Juice
- or 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lime Juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) torn Basil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Salt
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook garlic, carrots, onion and hot pepper flakes, stirring, for about 4 min or until onions are softened.
- Add red pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Stir in Cream and peanut butter; bring to a boil, stirring until peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in shrimp and simmer, stirring often, for about 3 min or just until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir in orange juice, basil leaves and salt.