This is an easy, innovative and tasty way to use inexpensive ground pork. You can also use this filling and wrapped it into lettuce leaves for an even healthier dish.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix with carrots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork, cook, crumble and stir until pork is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion and coleslaw mix and stir-fry with pork for 2 minutes, until vegetables are wilted. Stir constantly to blend all ingredients well, about 1 minute.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except tortillas and cilantro in a small bowl and add to skillet. Cook and stir until all is coated, about a minute.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture onto warm tortillas, garnish with cilantro, roll up to encase filling and serve.
Lettuce Wrap Variation
If you want to get fancy, you can make a sauce to drizzle over the lettuce wraps as follows:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sambel oelek (a ground fresh chili paste, optional – makes for a hotter sauce)
Dissolve the sugar in the water in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve the lettuce wraps.
For more recipes, visit www.leppfarmmarket.com