1 2 lb. (1 kg) boneless, skinless turkey breast
2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Italian turkey sausages, casing removed
2 cups (500 mL) sliced button mushrooms, (½ cup (125 mL) finely diced, the balance reserved for sauce)
1 398 ml (13.5 oz.) can artichoke hearts drained, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon zest
1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
¼ cup (60 mL) grated parmesan
½ cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs
1 cup (250 mL) dry, white wine
1 cup (250 mL) vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. In a large fry pan, heat olive oil on medium-high, then add garlic, loose sausage meat, ½ cup (125 mL) chopped mushrooms, artichokes, lemon zest and dried oregano; sauté until meat is cooked. Fold in parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and set aside.
3. Butterfly turkey breast and lay it out flat on a cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap and hammer flat with a rolling pin. Spread artichoke and sausage filling evenly over the surface of the meat. Carefully roll turkey breast away from you to form a log. Poke excess filling into each end of the roast. Heat up an oven-proof fry pan on medium-high heat.
4. Using a large spatula, carefully place the turkey roll, open end down into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes (this seals the roll so that you don’t have to string it together).
5. Pour white wine and vegetable stock around turkey roll and roast in oven uncovered for 35 minutes.
6. When the turkey roll is done, remove from pan and tent with foil. While the meat is resting, add the balance of sliced mushrooms to the pan sauce and reduce until it has reached desired thickness. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. Slice turkey roll and drizzle with mushroom wine sauce.
For more recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bcturkey.com
|SERVING SIZE: 4|