250 mL (1 cup) Cream
30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
1 Sweet Potato
30 mL (2 tbsp) Ginger
2 L (8 cups) Chicken Broth
(optional) 60 mL (4 tbsp) Mirin
30 mL (2 tbsp) Asian Fish Sauce
To taste Salt
To taste Cracked Black Pepper
250 g (8 oz) cooked Roast Beef Beef
250 mL (1 cup) julienned Peas (Snow)
500 mL (2 cups) Bean Sprouts
125 mL (½ cup) julienned Mint
125 mL (½ cup) fresh Cilantro Cilantro
500 mL (2 cups) Fried Noodles
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook onions for 2 minutes. Add carrots, sweet potato, parsnip, ginger root and chicken broth.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are soft (20 to 30 minutes).
3. Pour soup into a blender and purée until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add mirin and fish sauce; stir well.
4. Heat cream in microwave, without boiling. Add to soup, stirring constantly.
5. Check seasoning; add more mirin and fish sauce if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss together garnish. Serve hot in bowls and top with garnish.
|SERVING SIZE: 6|