West Coast Ginger Carrot Soup
- 250 mL (1 cup) Cream
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrot
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Ginger
- 2 L (8 cups) Chicken Broth
- (optional) 60 mL (4 tbsp) Mirin
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Asian Fish Sauce
- To taste Salt
- To taste Cracked Black Pepper
- 250 g (8 oz) cooked Roast Beef Beef
- 250 mL (1 cup) julienned Peas (Snow)
- 500 mL (2 cups) Bean Sprouts
- 125 mL (½ cup) julienned Mint
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh Cilantro Cilantro
- 500 mL (2 cups) Fried Noodles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook onions for 2 minutes. Add carrots, sweet potato, parsnip, ginger root and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are soft (20 to 30 minutes).
- Pour soup into a blender and purée until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add mirin and fish sauce; stir well.
- Heat cream in microwave, without boiling. Add to soup, stirring constantly.
- Check seasoning; add more mirin and fish sauce if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together garnish. Serve hot in bowls and top with garnish.
SERVING SIZE: 6