Tastes like pumpkin pie made tastier with apples and easier without a crust.
- 2 Eggs
- 125 mL (½ cup) loosely packed Brown Sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Cinnamon
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) Ginger
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) Nutmeg
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) Salt
- 1 398 mL (14 oz) Canned Pumpkins
- 250 mL (1 cup) Evaporated Milk
- 500 mL (2 cups) peeled and finely diced Apples
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray medium-sized casserole dish or 6 individual ramekins with cooking oil spray.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients except apples and beat until well blended.
- Place diced apples into baking dish or divide evenly amongst ramekins.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over apples.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and continue baking for an additional 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre comes out moist but clean.
- Serve warm or cold garnished with a little whipped cream.
For more dairy recipes, visit bcdairy.ca and for more BC Tree Fruit recipes, visit www.bctree.com