Baked Okanagan Fruit
- BC tree fruit (e.g. apples or pears) (one per person)
- 4 tablespoons BC nuts (e.g. hazelnuts or walnuts)
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped dried fruit (e.g. cranberries or raisins)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons BC honey
- Yoghurt or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the apples and pears and remove the core. Create a well in the fruit to hold the stuffing.
- Combine the nuts and the dried fruit in a bowl.
- Arrange the peeled fruit in a baking dish. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the cavities of the apples and pears, mounding slightly. Top each with a drizzle of butter and honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cover the fruit with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake until golden, 10 – 15 minutes more.
- Serve the fruit on a plate, drizzling with any pan juices. If desired, serve with ice cream or yoghurt.
SERVING SIZE: 4