A true holiday classic, Mincemeat Tarts have all the warm spices that resemble this time of year. Modernized with a splash of brandy and frozen BC Blueberries, these Blueberry Mincemeats are today’s take on a classic English dessert.
- 1 ¼ cups (225g) Sultana raisins
- 1 ¼ cups (225g) Golden raisins
- ½ cup (85g) Dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (80g) Mixed candied citrus peel
- ½ cup (125ml) Brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) Margarine or butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Grated lemon rind, yellow part only
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Brandy
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (15ml) Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Ground cloves
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Ground ginger
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Ground nutmeg
- 4 cups (1L) Frozen BC Blueberries
- Pre-made pie or tart shells
- Combine the first 13 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in blueberries, and let mixture sit overnight in the refrigerator to allow the flavours to combine and raisins to plump.
- If not using immediately, either pack closely in sterilized jars and process, or freeze.
- To use, spoon into pre-made pie shells and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
For more recipes, visit bcblueberry.com and follow @bcblueberries on social.