We’ve put together a simple, yet stunning dinner or lunch recipe for you! The chicken can be marinated the night before for extra flavour. This is an easy dish that can be meal prepped too. This bowl is easy to serve with any vegetables you have on hand in your fridge, the combinations are endless. Whether it is chicken, beef or straight veggies, this bowl is packed with healthy proteins and nutrients. Feeding yourself good food has never been so satisfying!
- 1 6-ounces Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup + 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- 2 cloves of minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Dried Quinoa
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup Microgreens
- Slice the chicken breast into 1-inch chunks and add to a large freezer bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice with zest, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the marinade into the freezer bag and thoroughly cover the chicken chunks. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat add olive oil, cherry tomatoes and broccoli florets. Stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are soft and tender while the broccoli is crisp-tender and browned in spots. Around 7-8 minutes.
- In another medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil and the marinade chicken. Cook thoroughly until brown on both sides for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes to the chicken skillet and shimmer on low.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under cold water. Bring a pot of water with salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add quinoa and cook it like pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pot carefully and fluff with a fork. Cover with a clean kitchen towel under the lid for about 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble and serve the bowls, divide the quinoa into the bowls first. Arrange the chicken, broccoli and tomato evenly. Top with crumbled feta cheese then microgreens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle olive oil and enjoy!