- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup peeled and finely grated BCfresh Red Beets
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8×8-in baking pan with parchment paper.
- Microwave butter and 1/3 cup chocolate chips, stirring at 30 second intervals, until melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Stir together cocoa, flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add cooled butter-mixture, then stir until combined. Fold in the flour-mixture until almost combined. Stir in beets and remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips being careful not to overmix. Scrape batter into prepared pan, then smooth top.
- Bake until edges are firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes away with a few crumbs clinging to it, 25 to 30 minutes.
For more recipes, visit www.bcfresh.ca