Corn Pepper Chowder And Salsa
Submitted by: Chef Ned Bell, via Windset Farms
Chicken thighs/breasts are best but can be substituted with baby shrimp or bay scallops. Whole milk can be used as a light substitute for cream. Vegetable stock can be used in place of chicken stock.
Corn Pepper Chowder
- ½ cup maple bacon, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups yellow Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, diced/seeded
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups 33% whipping cream
- 2 cups pre-roasted chicken, torn into pieces
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups yams, diced
- In a medium pot cook together red onions, maple bacon and butter over medium heat.
- After 7-10 minutes, once onions and bacon are caramelized (deep golden brown), add flour and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Add yellow Maestro™ peppers, frozen or fresh corn and yams.
- Add chicken stock and cream. Cook until vegetables are tender and soup is thick and velvety.
- Add chicken.
Roasted Red Pepper & Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup red Gusto™ Hot Peppers, roasted, seeded, skinned, and diced
- 1 cup drained black beans
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- Mix together Gusto™ peppers, drained black beans, green onion and juice of 1 lime.
- Garnish bowl of soup with 1-2 tablespoons of the Gusto™ Red Pepper and Black Bean Salsa. Serve with crusty roll or toasted sourdough. Serve and enjoy.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com