- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large yam, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Dollop of sour cream
- Dried cranberries, for a garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté 5 minutes. Add the celery and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add the yam, chicken broth, cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the yams are tender (about 20 min.)
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or processor until smooth. Return the soup to the pot. Add the cream and stir over medium – low heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of dried cranberries.
For more dairy recipes, visit www.bccranberries.com