Crostini are the perfect go-to appetizer. You can prepare all of the ingredients before hand and assemble right before the guests arrive. Rich roasted strawberry tomatoes tossed in balsamic vinegar are perfectly sweet against creamy ricotta.
- 12 slices of baguette
- 12 Strawberry Tomatoes on the Vine
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons ricotta
- 2-3 basil fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the strawberry tomatoes with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven proof dish and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to burst.
- Remove from the oven, stir with the balsamic vinegar and set aside while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Brush both sides of the baguette with olive oil and place on a tray. Bake the crostini until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Chiffonade the basil: Stack and roll up the leaves the slice thinly.
- Assemble the crostini: Spread half a tablespoon of ricotta on each toast, top with a tomato, sprinkle with basil and finish with a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy immediately.