This gluten-free, low carb blueberry banana bread is the perfect treat to enjoy with all your favourite warm holiday drinks. Slather on some almond butter or try it with a chocolate-hazelnut spread for a delicious combination.
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 3 Eggs
- 180g whole almond flour
- 3 tablespoons wildflower honey (Japonica)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the frozen blueberries in a colander (in the sink or over a bowl) until they have thawed. Gently remove blueberries and pat dry.
- Mash the ripe bananas and whisk together with eggs and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until frothy and add honey.
- Combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients and fully mix. Add the thawed blueberries and gently fold in.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread pan and add any remaining blueberries on top of the batter.
- Place in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into equal slices, cover with cling wrap, and let rest for a couple of hours or overnight.