Enjoy this gluten-free and dairy-free cookie recipe that is soft and chewy while moist! This recipe is versatile with many options to swap out ingredients such as banana flour instead of almond flour or using flavoured honey for that ever so slight boost of essence. Serve warm with a glass of milk for the kiddos or a glass of baileys over ice for that decadent adult beverage.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Natural Almond Butter (creamy)
- ¼ Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda Finishing Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add the softened coconut oil, almond butter, large egg, vanilla and honey. Whisk until combined evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut sugar and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly and mix evenly to combine. Do not over mix as the cookie will be hard.
- Fold in as much dark chocolate chips or chunks as you like! Additionally, you can add different types of chocolate or none at all.
- Place a parchment sheet on a cookie sheet or baking tray. Lightly spray with coconut oil to avoid sticking to the parchment sheet.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough into a round form and place it on the cookie tray. Depending on how big / small you scoop will be the outcome of the cookie! Make sure you leave room for the cookie to expand and flatten while baking.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes depending on your oven or until the corners are golden brown. Make sure to not over bake as it will continue to cook as it is cooling down.
- Remove from oven carefully, sprinkle finishing sea salt and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!