- 2 cups (200g) Oreo Baking Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Unsalted Butter, melted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup (200ml) Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup (60g) Sugar (30 g for cream cheese & 30 g for whipping cream)
- 3 ¼ tsp (10 g) Gelatin Powder
- 3 tbsp Hot Water
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) Frozen BC Blueberries
- 2 1/3 Tbsp (30g) Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon
- Pour the melted butter into the Oreo baking crumbs. Mix well.
- Press the crumbs mixture into the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan. Make sure it is firmly packed.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
- Leave the frozen blueberries at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Mix the blueberries and sugar into a large saucepan. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring it to high heat and stir constantly. Meanwhile, use a spatula to crush the blueberries.
- When it starts to thicken, turn to low heat and continue to stir.
- Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Ladle the hot blueberry jam to a sterilized jar to chill.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Whisk the cream cheese. Add 30 g sugar when it starts to get creamy. Continue to whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Combine gelatin powder and hot sugar. Mix well. If it gets lumpy, you can put the bowl in a boiling water bath, which allows the gelatin powder to fully dissolve in the water.
- Immediately add into the cream cheese mixture. Whisk until combine.
- Combine whipping cream and 30 g sugar. Whisk until soft peaks have formed.
- Put 1/2 whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix and fold in gently. Add the remaining whipping cream in. Mix gently.
- Separate the cream cheese mixture into three equal portions.
- Add 40-50 g blueberry jam into one bowl. Add 20g blueberry jam into another bowl. The remaining bowl is the original flavour.
- Bring out the crust from the fridge and add the darkest mixture to the bottom 1/3 of the cake mould. Freeze it for 25 minutes. Then, add the second layer and freeze it for 25 minutes. Lastly, add the original flavour/final layer.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight.
Once frozen, remove parchment paper to slice. Top with thawed frozen blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Best enjoyed within 3-8 hours.
For more recipes, visit bcblueberry.com and follow @bcblueberries on social.