- 2 bunches of chives
- 60 mL (¼ cup) corn syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chicken broth
Toad in the Hole
- 4 thick slices of baguette bread
- 25 mL (1½ tbsp) butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 125 mL (½ cup) 10% or 33% cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Coarsely chop chives and place in blender.
- Add corn syrup and chicken broth.
- Puree until smooth.
- With a cookie cutter or small glass, cut a hole in each slice of baguette.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and brown bread on one side.
- Turn over and break an egg into each hole.
- Cook until egg white is firm.
- Arrange lettuce in centre of each serving plate and place egg and toast on top.
- Drizzle chive sauce around plate, then cream. Salt and pepper, to taste.
For more recipes, visit bcdairy.ca