Waffles With Sweet Tomato Apple Sauce
Submitted by: Ned Bell, via Windset Farms
This will keep in the fridge for up to a month if cooled properly and is fantastic over grilled pork or chicken. It’s also a great complement for cheeses or used as a topping for vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
- 1lb. BC Ambrosia Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ lb. Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 Tbsp. real vanilla extract)
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour in a medium sized pot with a tight fitting lid, over medium heat.
- Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Let cool and then refrigerate in jars or plastic tubs.
- Spoon over pancakes or homemade waffles.
For more delicious recipes visit www.windsetfarms.com