- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Finely chopped shallots
- 4 cups (1 L) Frozen BC Blueberries (or fresh)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) Fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) Ground allspice
- Salt to-taste
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Half-and-half
- 1 cup (250 mL) Crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) Finely chopped fresh chives
- In 4-quart (4 L) saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots, cook until translucent.
- Add blueberries, broth, nutmeg and allspice; cook over medium heat until blueberries soften and begin to burst, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly then blend until smooth; press through a fine sieve; discard solids.
- Return blueberry mixture to pan and whisk in half-and-half. Simmer, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- In a small bowl, mix crème fraiche and chives.
- Spoon bisque into 8 soup bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons (25 mL) chive-crème fraiche.
For more recipes, visit bcblueberry.com and follow @bcblueberries on social.