To assemble at serving time, place a pastry square on each of 4 plates, cover with whipped cream and strawberries. Cover with another pastry square. Top with whipped cream and half a strawberry. Repeat for each serving, being sure to divide cream and strawberries evenly among them.
- 1 L (4 cups) fresh Strawberries
- 2 cut in half Strawberries (for garnish)
- (Optional) 60 mL (¼ cup) Port
- 180 mL (¾ cup) Icing Sugar
- 1 cut in half Vanilla Bean
- 500 mL (2 cups) 33% Whipping Cream Whipping Cream
- 225 g (½ lb) Store-Bought Puff Pastry Dough
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped Pistachios
- 125 mL (½ cup) grated Maple Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Wash, hull and quarter strawberries.
- In a bowl, combine quartered strawberries, port, 125 mL (½ cup) icing sugar and vanilla bean. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In another bowl, whip cream with remaining powdered sugar. Refrigerate.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into a rectangle and cut into 8 squares. Place squares on baking sheet and sprinkle with pistachios and maple sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden. Cool.