A delicious gluten-free cupcake using BC blueberries.
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (cupcakes) + 1/8 tsp (frosting) Salt
- 3/4 cup, softened (cupcakes) + 1/3 cup, softened (frosting) Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbs (from 1 whole lemon) Lemon Zest
- 1 tbs (cupcakes) + 1/2 tsp (frosting), fresh lemon juice Lemon Juice
- 2 cups, divided in half, fresh or frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup, divided in half, chunks White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup, room temperature Cream Cheese
- 1 cup, sifted Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/160°C. Place baking cups in a large muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, whisk to remove clumps and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Alternately mix in the gluten-free flour mixture, sour cream, lemon zest and juice, in three intervals.
- Gently fold in half of the blueberries and half of the white chocolate.
- Spoon into the lined muffin pan. Top with the remaining blueberries and white chocolate.
- Bake in the middle rack of a pre-heated 350°F/160°C oven for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the muffin pan, then invert on a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl cream together the cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and salt. Slowly add in the sifted confectioner’s/icing sugar until creamy.
- Frost onto cooled cupcakes.
For more recipes, visit www.bcblueberry.com