- 2 tsp (10 mL) vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- Fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side; heat to gentle simmer. Stir in vinegar. Break cold egg into small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, gently slip egg into water; repeat with remaining eggs. Cook in barely simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired. Remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat half of the oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add spinach; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to wilt. Season with half each of the salt and pepper.
- Toss together quinoa, lemon juice and remaining olive oil; divide evenly among 4 bowls. Top with cooked spinach, avocado, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds. Top with poached eggs. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
For more recipes, visit bcegg.com/