Fresh cherries add colour and tangy flavour to these yummy muffins. Pack them along on summer road trips or picnics!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) B.C. Brand cherries, pitted, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 mL) butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix egg, bananas and melted butter until well blended.
- Carefully add dry ingredients to banana mixture, stirring just to combine. Lightly fold in cherries.
- Place approx 1/4 cup of mixture into each of 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle muffins with topping made by combining 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp flour and 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes until golden.
For more delicious recipes visit www.bctree.com