Chicken Livers And Apple Mousse
- 125 mL (½ cup) cubed, Unsalted Butter
- 450 g (1 lb) trimmed liver of Chicken
- 1 chopped Shallot
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Cider Apple
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 2 mL (½ tsp) Honey
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) 18% Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a large frying pan, melt 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter over medium-high heat. Cook livers and shallot for about 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Deglaze with apple must (commonly known as apple cider). Add allspice, nutmeg and honey. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into blender; add cream and remaining butter.
- Puree until smooth. Strain through a sieve.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mousse into a terrine and let set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
SERVING SIZE: 8