Honey And Fromage Frais Cheesecake
Submitted by: Nancy Gourlay, Little Qualicum Cheeseworks
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups Little Qualicum Cheeseworks fromage frais (or any fresh, soft cheese)
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine the crust’s ingredients and press into a lightly greased 10″ spring form pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In mixer: process fromage frais until smooth. Add honey and sugar – beat. Add eggs one at a time. Blend in cream, flour, lemon juice and rind; pour onto crust. Bake 40-45 minutes until lightly golden and set around the edges. Centre will jiggle slightly.
- Run knife around the edge of pan and let cool for an hour. Refrigerate until cold and top as desired with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
SERVING SIZE: 6-8