Lemon And Blueberry Parfaits
- 250 mL (1 cup) Whipping Cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Lemon Juice
- 310 mL (1¼ cups) Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 60 mL (¼ cup) cubed Butter
- 500 mL (2 cups) Blueberries
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Cornstarch
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Cold Water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Lemon Zest
- In a saucepan, whip lemon juice, 250 mL (1 cup) of sugar and eggs.
- Cook over low heat without boiling, while whipping, for 3 to 4 minutes, until thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in butter and melt.
- Strain through a sieve, cover with plastic wrap and cool.
- In another bowl, whip cream, stir in cooled lemon mixture; refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer blueberries and remaining sugar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add mixture to blueberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- In 4 glasses, evenly divide half of the lemon cream mixture, add a layer of blueberry mixture, and cover with remaining lemon cream.
- Garnish with long, thin strips of lemon zest.
SERVING SIZE: 1