Light Creamy Peach Dessert
- 1 to 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Graham crumbs
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- Combine crumbs and butter and place in round spring-form pan. (9″ to 10″ diameter).
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes; set aside and allow to cool.
- 1 pkg peach Jell-o (85 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1 pkg light cream cheese (250 g)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk, skim or 1%
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh BC brand peaches, finely chopped
- 2 fresh BC brand peaches, for garnish whipped cream, if desired
- In medium bowl, combine Jell-o and boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Set aside in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese, milk and vanilla in bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add cooled Jell-o mixture and blend well. Stir in 1 cup of chopped peaches.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust. Cover and allow to set in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cover top of the dessert with thinly sliced peaches.
If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream. (Whip 1 cup whipping cream with 1 tbs sugar plus ½ tsp vanilla, until soft peaks form)
Photo and recipe courtesy of BC Tree Fruits. For more delicious recipes visit www.bctreefruits.com