Recipe developed in collaboration with @kayleshapenner
- Fresh (or defrosted) pizza dough
- Meatballs (pre-cooked)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out the pizza dough and slice into strips.
- Place 3 meatballs onto a skewer.
- Wrap pizza dough around the meatballs creating a “Mummy” look.
- Remove skewer from the meatball mummy. Repeat with remaining dough and meatballs.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Place meatball mummy onto the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the dough has cooked through and begins to brown.
- Melt butter and brush onto the mummy wrapping.
- Using a straw, cut circles out of the mozzarella cheese.
- Place mozzarella onto the mummy to make eyes (you can attach with a toothpick if you warn your guests or use ketchup to attach).
- Serve with marinara sauce.
SERVING SIZE: 4-6