Prune Plum Marmalade
Submitted by: BC Tree Fruits
A new twist on an old favourite.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 8 cups (2 L) chopped, pitted prune plums (about 3 lb)
- 3 cups (750 ml) granulated sugar
- Remove rind from orange and cut into thin strips 1 inch long. In small saucepan, combine rind and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Chop orange pulp. In large saucepan or preserving kettle, combine orange pulp and plums; cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes. Add sugar. Bring to rolling boil and continue boiling until jam stage is reached, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cooked rind. Stir for 5 minutes, skimming foam from surface.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars. Seal, cool and label. Store in cool, dry, dark place.
56 calories (234 kJ)
14 g carbohydrates
0.3 g protein
0 g fat
This marmalade is fat free and suitable for heart-smart diets.
For more delicious recipes visit www.bctree.com