- BC raspberries – 2-1/2 cups, fresh
- Sugar – 1/2 cup, granulated
- White or Red Wine Vinegar – 4 cups
- Tarragon or Thyme – fresh sprigs
- In a large bowl, cover raspberries with vinegar, with a cloth. Store in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- Carefully strain through a jelly bag. Make-a-Jelly-Bag
- Press fruit lightly.
- In a medium saucepan, cook juice and sugar over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain through a jelly bag.
- Wash 4 – 1/2 pint bottles in hot soapy water; rinse well.
- Place fresh herbs in prepared bottles, pour flavoured vinegar into bottles.
- Cap the bottles and keep refrigerated.
- Raspberry vinegar will last up to 4 months.
For more delicious recipes, visit BC Raspberry Industry Development Council