Everybody loves pancakes, especially when they’re served with butter and drizzled with maple syrup. The cornmeal and apple pieces in these pancakes provide a slight crunch. The pancakes can be made slightly in advance and kept warm in the oven which makes them a great choice for brunch.
- 2 BC Tree Fruit Apples, cored and diced fine (skin on)
- 2 tbps White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Spiced Rum (or 1 tsp Vanilla)
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together and toss well.
- Microwave in one-minute increments, tossing, until apples and cornmeal have softened.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a batter bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, oil, and rum until frothy; add to bowl until just combined.
- Add apple/cornmeal mixture and let the batter rest for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium low, oil lightly, and drop even circles of batter into the pan.
- Cook approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup or jam.
For more recipes, visit www.bctree.com