The grapes and pears blend together to make this a colourful and tasty spread.
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh BC grapes (concord type)
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh BC pears (about 5)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sugar
- 1 57-g package fruit pectin crystals
- Wash grapes. Separate skin from pulp. Add half a cup (125 ml) water to pulp and simmer covered until tender (about 5 minutes). Remove seeds by sieving.
- Peel and core pears. Chop or crush thoroughly grape skins and pears. Mix pectin, prepared grapes and pears in pan. Place over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a hard boil. Immediately stir in sugar. Bring to a full, rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Skim off foam with a metal spoon. Ladle into sterilized jam jars.
117 calories (490 kJ)
30.4 g carbohydrates (99%)
0 g protein
0 g fat
For more recipes, visit www.bctree.com/recipes/featured