Caramelized Cream Crêpes
Submitted by: BC Dairy Association
500 mL (2 cups)
30 mL (2 tbsp)
30 mL (2 tbsp) plus 60 mL (¼ cup)
5 mL (1 tsp)
250 mL (1 cup) chopped
- In a large non-stick frying pan, melt butter and place banana slices. Sprinkle with 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar and the cinnamon. Cook to caramelize for about 5 minutes, stirring. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, heat 125 mL (½ cup) of cream. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whip remaining cream with remaining sugar. Reheat crêpes.
- On a platter, spread a crêpe with chocolate cream and top with caramelized bananas; continue for 2 more layers and top with last crêpe and whipped cream.
- Cut into wedges, sprinkle with more cinnamon and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
To learn more about dairy and dairy products, visit bcdairy.ca