- 4 sheets of Phyllo Pastry
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) melted Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Mushrooms
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped Onions (Red)
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced Zucchini
- 1 seeded and diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced Feta Canadian Mozzarella
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Eggs
- 3 Milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) Cream
- OR ½ cup (125 mL) Basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) homemade or store-bought Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Brush the four sheets of phyllo pastry with melted butter and place them one over the other. Cut into two, lengthwise and widthwise, to obtain four equal pieces. Place the pastry squares into a muffin tin with large cups or in large greased ramekins, making sure the bottom and sides are covered.
- In a frying pan, use the remaining butter to brown the mushrooms, onions and zucchini over medium heat. Divide the vegetables and cheese among the phyllo-covered moulds.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the pesto. Pepper as needed. Pour equal quantities of the egg mixture into the moulds. Close the bundles by pinching the tops to create a pouch and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
For more recipes, visit www.bcdairy.ca