- 1 kg (2 lb) Mussels
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) Butter
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 3 chopped Shallots
- 250 mL (1 cup) White Wine
- 125 mL (½ cup) Cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped fresh Parsley
- Scrub and trim mussels. Discard any that are open.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook garlic and shallots without coloring. Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add mussels, cream and parsley. Cover and cook until mussels open (about 5 minutes).
- Discard any that do not open.
- Place mussels in a bowl and pour sauce over them. Serve with crusty bread.
For more recipes, visit bcdairy.ca