- 6 oz spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and add onion, potato and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes (until vegetables are tender).
- Preheat broiler and whisk eggs with salt. Turn skillet heat to medium/low and add the eggs. Sprinkle cheese over the eggs and cover. Cook until eggs are just set on the bottom (about 8 minutes).
- Uncover and place skillet under the broiler until eggs are just set on top (about 2 minutes). Transfer the omelet to a platter, cut into wedges and serve.
For more recipes, visit www.windsetfarms.com