Turnip Stuffed With Canadian Swiss
- 6 whole peeled Turnips
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Butter
- 1 chopped Shallots
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Raisins
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) shredded Canadian Swiss Thyme
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped Fresh Nutmeg
- Freshly grated Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook turnips for 20 minutes or until soft. Cool in ice water. Cut turnips in half and scoop out 4 turnips, leaving 4 sturdy shells. Mash all turnip.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and cook turnip and shallot for about 5 minutes. Add raisins, cream, thyme and half of cheese. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange turnip shells in a buttered ovenproof dish; stuff each shell with turnip mixture, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle with nutmeg, to taste, and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
SERVING SIZE: 4